Sunday, October 02, 2005

Something Can be Done about Human Rights

I see that the 2nd annual Youth for Human Rights International Youth Summit is going on in LA.

I'm really impressed with some of these kids.

For example, here's what the delegate from Turkey says:

20-year-old Berza Simsek is constantly active in the human rights field. She is an International Relations student at Hacettepe University and works closely with the University’s Centre for Research and Application of the Philosophy of Human Rights. She can often be found visiting the Centre on her own volition to share her views and contribute to their activities.

Ms. Simsek stated "One of the reasons I want to participate in the International Youth Summit is due to my strong interest in human rights. I am interested to know what youth around the world think about human rights. This will be a great opportunity for all youth, without discrimination of race, color or ethnic origin to share together. At the end of the Youth Summit we can form a common goal for providing human rights to others and I will be proud to be a part of this."