Tuesday, August 01, 2006


Human Rights and the Code of a Scientologist

I'm sharing this post because I really agree with what she says:

I've always been passionate about human rights. When I first became a Scientologist I was looking for spiritual answers and was thrilled to find them in the Scientology religion.

I didn't expect to also find that my views on human rights aligns with Scientology beliefs. But they did. And it makes sense.

As David Miscavige, Chairman of the Board of Religious Technology Center, put it in his speech titled This is Scientology:

"The Aims of Scientology are a world without insanity, without criminals, without war, where the able can prosper and where Man is free to rise to greater heights. Also inherent in Scientology itself, is that one take responsibility, not only for himself, but the world at large. And absolutely no part of those efforts have anything to do with mere “belief” or “blind faith” in a doctrine. Rather, we use what we know to help others, and we couldn't care less about their race, creed, color or religion.